Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sugoi!

Dear family lovers,

Today was a good day. I purchased a ATI CS9 about 2 and a half months ago for my wife and I, and finally got to fire the dang thing today. This inability to shoot the new weapon had become something of a joke around the office. Each time plans were made to visit the gun range, something would happen. Providence, Fate, Greek gods, the weather gods, or some other wretched circumstance would endeavor to keep me from playing with my new toy. Well, not today. Ha Ha! Victory! I fired the damned thing and I enjoyed it.

My brother, his wife and their son came for a visit today. So I hijacked both my brothers and my wife, gathered out meager stockpile of guns, bought some ammunition, and destroyed some innocent looking paper targets. Man what a rush. One brothers .32 revolver and 10 gauge shotgun, the other brothers S&W 9mm, and my new ATI 9mm all blazing away in stinking gun shot residue glory. What a rush! 100's of rounds later and many hot cases smacking us in the forehead and we were spent, physically and emotionally. I don't think I will understand why so many people do not like guns. I'm sure they have their reasons and the reasons are very compelling ..... for them. I enjoyed shooting and I think my wife did too. It was worth the money.

We packed up and went to mom and dad's where they treated everyone to an exquisite dinner and family time. Salad, steak, homemade cheesy potatoes, and strawberry-rhubarb dessert. UFC was playing on the big screen and Rashad Evans got his butt kicked, oh yeah, he has knock-ed out. Conversations and good times followed until everyone had to go home.

Yes, today was a awesome day.

Thanks,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment